Chana chat (Chickpeas) is very healthy and unique flavor snack which is easy to prepare. It is a best dietary protein to manage the weight. Chickpeas are also known as chole or chana mostly preferred by Indians.
To prepare chana chat in a very simple two steps. The first step is to pressure cook chana and the second step is to tempering the chana. The time required to prepare this chana recipe is 10 minutes.
Try the other healthy recipes
The video for chana chat:
Ingredients for chana chat:
Chana(chickpeas) – 1 cup
Oil – 3 spoons
Tempering seeds – 1 spoon
Chopped onions – 2
Chopped Green chilli – 2
Cumin powder – 1/2 spoon
Chana(chickpea) powder – 1/2 spoon
Curry leaves – 1 spring
Salt – 1 spoon
Chopped coriander leaves – 1/4 cup
Procedure for chana chat:
Pressure cook chana(chickpeas):
- Wash and soak chickpeas for overnight drain water.
- Take a pressure cooker to add chickpeas, salt, and some water, close lid and let it for 6 whistles.
- Open the pressure cooker. Drain water and take into a bowl.
- Heat a pan add oil, tempering seeds and curry leaves. Let them splutter.
- Add onions and green chilli let them fry for a minute.
- Add boiled chickpeas into the pan and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add salt, cumin powder, chole powder(chat powder) mix well.
- Fry for a minute till the chickpeas absorbs the spices.
- Finally, add chpped coriander leaves and switch off the flame.
- Simple chana chat or chickpeas snack is ready to serve
- Serve with lemon juice and enjoy the delicious chickpeas snack.
See you all soon …Stay Tuned for more Yummy Recipes. Check out my official YouTube Channel for Yummy Cooking Videos.