Curd rice is one of the most popular healthy diets of south Indians and is the best dish for summer. The curd is also a natural fire extinguisher after a very spicy meal. A small cup of curd will keep those spice tears away.Homemade healthy and comfort curd rice recipe.
South Indians cannot complete food without this summer special rice.It is one cure for every solution.Everyone should take curd rice in the daily diet.
Very simple and easy to prepare this recipe with boiled rice or leftover rice.The main ingredients are rice and curd.Process id to tempering and mixing all the ingredients. The time required to prepare curd rice is 5 minutes.
Try other healthy recipes
HEALTH BENEFITS OF CURD RICE:
- Curd helps you to stay healthy.It is good for teeth and bones.
- Curd rice boosts digestion and works best for the stomach.
- By consumption of curd relax the body and protects from stress and anxiety.
- It controls high blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
INGREDIENTS FOR CURD RICE:
Boiled rice 2 cups
Curd 1 cup
Salt 1 spoon
Water 1/4 cup
FOR TEMPERING: Tempering seeds 2 spoons
chopped green chilli 1
Chopped ginger 1 spoon
Grated carrot 1 cup
Chopped curry leaves 9
Chopped coriander leaves 1/2 cup
Oil 5 spoons
PROCEDURE FOR CURD RICE:
- Heat a pan add oil and tempering seeds. When it starts crackling.
- Add chopped green chilli and curry leaves.
- Add grated carrots, ginger and coriander leaves.
- Stir well and fry for 2 min until the carrot gets saute.
PREPARING CURD RICE:
- Add fried tempering mixture into the rice bowl.
- Now the rice will absorb all tempering mixture.
- Add salt, curd and little water mix well.
- Adjust the water and salt as for the taste.
- Instead of water can also add buttermilk. This is optional.
- Serve chilled curd rice and enjoy.
- Never serve curd rice hot.It should be at room temperature.
- The chilled curd protects from dehydration in summer.
- Garnish with chopped carrot and coriander leaves and enjoy.