Ridge gourd is very simple to prepare and tastes delicious. It is a South Indian traditional recipe. Ridge gourd is known as Turai in Hindi and Beerakaya in Telugu. Do you know adding ridge gourd in dietary reduces stress? The time required to prepare the ridge gourd curry is 25 minutes.
INGREDIENTS REQUIRED FOR RICH GOURD CURRY:
Chopped Ridge gourd – 250 grams
Turmeric powder – 1/2 spoon
Red chilli powder – 1 spoon
Green chilli – 2
Chopped onions – 1 cup
Chopped tomato – 1 cup
Coriander leaves – 1/2 cup
Ginger and garlic paste – 2 spoons
Oil – 5 spoons
Salt – 1 spoon
Water – 1 glass
PROCEDURE FOR RIDGE GOURD CURRY:
- Heat a pan add oil and onions mix well.
- Add green chilli and stir well.
- Add ginger and garlic paste mix well and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and cook until it becomes little mushy.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli and salt mix well and fry a minute.
- Add ridge gourd pieces into the mixture and give a nice mix.
- Add coriander leaves and stir well.
- In a medium flame fry for 5 minutes, until the ridge gourd absorbs all the spices.
- Add water, mix well and cook for 10 minutes.
- Adjust salt and check whether ridge gourd become soft or not.
- Once ridge gourd becomes soft.
- The dish is ready to serve. Garnish with cilantro.
- Serve with rice, chapatis and even as a side dish.
For more interesting recipes subscribe to my official YouTube Channel.