Dosa recipe is most popular in South Indian breakfast recipes.If the dosa batter is ready we can prepare dosa within 10 minutes.The total time required to prepare dosa recipe is 14 hours 10 minutes.
We can prepare different types of dosa recipes, mostly the batter is same to all.But we add extra flavours.The most important thing is to make the batter. If the batter is perfect our dosa gives attractive golden colour and comes very crispy.
Let us know about the health benefits and procedure of dosa.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF DOSA RECIPE:
- Urad dal is one of the richest sources of proteins and Vitamin B.
- This helps boost the energy levels in the body and keeps you active.
- The best benefit of ingesting urad dal is that it enhances digestion because of its rich fibre content.
- Rice is gluten-free food, provides instant energy, prevents constipation and high in nutritional value.
Try other recipes
INGREDIENTS FOR DOSA RECIPE:
|Urad dal||2 cups|
|Boiled rice||2 spoons|
|Baking soda||3 pinch|
|Water||1 1/2 glass|
PROCEDURE FOR DOSA RECIPE:
SOAKING URAD DAL AND RICE FOR DOSA RECIPE:
- Wash and soak urad dal and rice overnight or at least 7 hours.
- Drain the soaking water from the urad dal and rice.
HOW TO MAKE DOSA BATTER:
- Add soaked urad dal, rice, water and boiled rice to the grinder.
- By adding boiled rice, the batter becomes very soft, this is optional.
- Grind until it becomes a smooth batter.Take the batter into a bowl.
- Allow the batter to ferment for 7 hours.
- Next day add salt and baking soda to batter.
- Mix well and check the batter consistency.
- The batter should not too thin nor too thick.
HOW TO MAKE CRISPY DOSA:
- Heat the non-stick tava over medium flame.
- Take a ladle full of dosa batter drop at the centre and start spreading the batter in a circular way evenly.
- Drizzle a spoon of oil around the edges of dosa.
- Cook until the dosa turns golden brown and crispy.
- Transfer to a serving plate and repeat the same process for remaining batter.
- Serve the dosa with coconut chutney, peanut chutney and any chutney.
For more interesting recipes. Subscribe to my official YouTube Channel.