Ginger Chutney is very spicy and can be prepared in 15 minutes. Simply fry ginger pieces, red chillis and other ingredients blending them in a smooth texture, adding tempering into the texture.
Serve Ginger chutney with Pesarattu Dosa is the most delicious and best combination breakfast recipe. For Pesarattu recipe look at my previous post.
INGREDIENTS FOR GINGER CHUTNEY:
Diced ginger pieces – 1 cup
Oil – 1/4 cup
Garlic – 8
Coriander seeds – 2 spoons
Fenugreek seeds – 1 spoon
Cumin seeds – 1 spoon
Red chili – 14
Tamarind juice – 1 cup
Jaggery – 1 spoon
Turmeric powder – 1/4 spoon
Salt – 1 spoon
Red chili powder – 1/2 spoon
Oil – 2 spoons
Tempering seeds – 2 spoons
Garlic – 3
Curry leaves – 10
PROCEDURE FOR GINGER CHUTNEY:
- Heat a pan over a medium flame add oil and ginger pieces stir well.
- Fry until it turns golden and set aside.
- In the same oil pan add coriander seeds, cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds, let them fry for a minute.
- Add red chili and garlic in the same pan stir well.
- Saute for a minute. Remove and put them in a blender jar. Blend it in a coarse texture.
- In the same blender jar add fried ginger pieces, tamarind juice, jaggery, turmeric powder, salt and red chili powder.
- Blend all of them to a smooth texture and take into a bowl.
PROCESS FOR TEMPERING IN 2 MINUTES:
- Heat a pan over a medium flame adds oil, tempering seeds.
- When seeds begin to crackle add garlic and curry leaves.
- Saute for 30 seconds and switch off the flame.
ADDING TEMPERING INTO GINGER CHUTNEY:
- Add all tempering seeds, garlic, curry leaves into the ginger chutney bowl.
- Mix well, taste it and adjust the salt if necessary.
- Ginger chutney is ready to serve.
- You can refrigerate serve for a week.
- Better serve with pesarattu, dosa, idli breakfast recipes.
Try Ginger chutney with pesarattu. If you like to share this recipe.For more interesting recipes. subscribe to my channel.