Gulab Jamun is a famous Indian dessert.Delicious gulab jamun is easy to prepare with very simple ingredients.Ready-made instant mix Gulab Jamun (MTR) powder is the main ingredient in this recipe but you can also make it with any other instant mix.
Ghee and milk which is added in this recipe makes gulab jamun very soft and melts in your mouth. All of them like to eat sweet and of-course it is favorite dessert.
It is a spongy and it satisfies many dessert craving.The balls are made by using milk they are rich in calcium.The time required to prepare gulab jamun is 15 minutes.
INGREDIENTS FOR GULAB JAMUN:
Gulab jam powder – 1 cup
Sugar – 2 cups
Cardamon – 6
Ghee – 2 spoon
Water – 1 glass
Milk -1 cup
PROCEDURE FOR GULAB JAMUN:
- Take a bowl add ready-made instant mix MTR gulab jamun powder, ghee, milk and mix well.
- Carefully add milk, gradually little by little milk to make the dough.
- Add a spoon of oil and make a soft dough, keep it aside for 10 minutes.
MAKING SUGAR SYRUP:
- Heat a pan over the medium flame add sugar, water and crushed cardamon and stir well.
- Boil the water for 10 minutes, until the sugar completely melted.
- Make a little thick sugar syrup and keep aside.
- Now our dough is ready to prepare, press the dough and make softer.
- It should be very soft and can be available to make balls.
- Take a small size dough and press it in your palms to shape it into the ball even as bitter gourd shape.
- Shape the balls without cracks otherwise, it will break while we dip in sugar syrup.Repeat the same for all of them.
DEEP FRYING AND DIP THE GULAB JAMUN IN SUGAR SYRUP:
- Heat a pan in medium flame and add oil for deep fry.
- Add the shaped balls into the pan and fry on both sides until it turns into brown.
- Remove the gulab jamun from oil and immediately dip them into the warm sugar syrup.
- Repeat the same for rest of them .
- Leave for at least 10 minutesin the sugar syrup.
- Serve the soft gulab jamun and it is ready to melt in your mouth.
For more interesting recipes. Subscribe to my official YouTube Channel.