How to make Bread Upma
Bread Upma is a quick, healthy breakfast and evening snack that can be prepared in 15 minutes. The combination of peanuts, cashew nuts, lemon juice and bread pieces is very tasty.
Try one more quick and healthy breakfast bread recipe, sweet bread omelet.
INGREDIENTS FOR BREAD UPMA:
Bread slices – 4
Peanuts – 1 spoon
Cashew nuts – 1 spoon
Tempering seeds – 1 spoon
Curry leaves – 1 spring
Ghee – 1/2 spoon
Oil – 2 spoons
Chopped green chili – 1
Chopped onion – 1
Chopped tomato – 1
Turmeric powder – 1/4 spoon
Asafoetida(Hing) – 1 pinch
Salt – 1/2 spoon
Lemon juice – 1 spoon
Coriander leaves – 1/4 cup
PROCEDURE FOR BREAD UPMA:
- Roast the bread slices on both sides in a pan.
- Heat a pan add ghee, oil, tempering seeds, peanuts, cashew nuts stir well and fry until they turn golden.
- Add chopped tomato mix well and let it cook until the oil releases from sides.
- Add turmeric powder, hing and salt give a nice mix.
- Add lemon juice and mix well.
- Cut the bread slices into small pieces and add into the pan, stir well.
- Close the lid and let it cook for 2 minutes in a low flame.
- Add coriander leaves and mix well.
- Sprinkle little water and let it cook for another two minutes.
- Serve hot with tomato sauce.
What do you think my next recipe should be? Comment in the section below and I’ll try to have an article posted about the recipe.
Don’t forget to check out my YouTube Channel and subscribe 🙂