Potato fritters is a famous snack in South India. It is an easy snack to prepare and tastes yummy. Potato fritters also serves as an alternative for the people and Kids who like to have french fries.
The time required to prepare this quick snack potato fritters is 15 minutes with very simple ingredients.Potatoes, gram flour is the main ingredients rice flour, red chilli powder is to make our fritters crispy and some spicy.
To prepare potato fritters in simple steps firstly, making batter is very important, slices the potatoes, dip into the batter, deep fry.These fritters are mostly prepared by Indians and as known as quick deep fried pakora or bajji.
Try other recipes
Quick Snack Recipes
Healthy Rice Recipes
Summer Special Healthy Drinks
HEALTH BENEFITS OF POTATO FRITTERS:
- Potatoes improves the digestion and reduce the cholesterol levels.
- It protects the skin and reduce blood pressure.
- Potatoes are good sources of vitamin C.
INGREDIENTS FOR POTATO FRITTERS:
Potatoes – 3
Gram flour(Besan) – 2 cups
Rice flour – 4 spoons
Salt – 1/2 spoon
Baking soda – 2 pinch
Red chilli powder – 1/2 spoon
Oil – for deep fry
Also Check How to prepare Veg Kebabs and Veg Cutlet
PROCEDURE FOR POTATO FRITTERS:
- Take a bowl add besan , rice flour , salt , baking soda and red chilli powder mix well.
- Add a spoon of oil and mix well all the ingredients.
- By adding little by little water make bajji batter.The bajji batter should neither be thin nor thick.
- Adjust the salt by tasting the batter.
- Peel the potatoes make them into thin slices .
- Keep the potato slices in salt water , so that it will not change the colour.
- Heat a pan in a medium flame add oil for deep fry.
- To check the oil is hot enough drop small portion of batter.If it raises immediately oil is ready to fry bajjis.
- Dip each potato slice into besan batter and check whether it is coated well with the batter.
- Drop the batter coated potato slice into the oil and fry on both sides.
- In a medium flame fry until it turn into golden brown.
- Take into a serving bowl.Serve hot with tomato sauce or ketchup.
Are you going to have fritters this evening? who don’t want to. The traditional way to have these bajjis is with chopped onions and Chutney, I sometimes prefer with Tomato Ketchup.