Sweet potato cutlet recipe is very easy to prepare and does not require much effort and time. It contains antioxidants, anti-inflammatory nutrients, and blood sugar-regulating nutrients that are beneficial for health in every way.
Sweet potato cutlet is also known as shakarkandi.It is one of the easy, healthy and delicious snacks.Sweet potato is good for the nervous system and lowers blood pressure. The time required for this recipe is 15 minutes.
Most of people and kids will refuse to eat plain boiled sweet potato, but if you give sweet potato cutlet and sweet potato kheer which will be the next upcoming recipe they like to eat them.
The video for sweet potato cutlet:
The high content of starch in sweet potato helps in regulating healthy digestive tract. Vitamin D present in sweet potatoes helps in building stronger bones. Vitamin B 6 helps in maintaining a healthy heart.
Ingredients for sweet potato cutlet::
Boiled and mashed sweet potato -1 cup
Gram flour (besan) – 2 spoons
Turmeric powder – 1/4 spoon
Red chilli powder – 1 spoon
Coriander leaves – 1 cup
Rice flour – 3 spoons
Chopped green chilli – 1
Onions – 1cup
Oil – 4 spoons
Salt – 2 spoons
Garam masala powder – 1 spoon
Procedure for sweet potato cutlet:
- Take a bowl add boiled, peeled and mashed sweet potato.
- Make sure the mashed potato contains no water.
- Add onions, coriander leaves, rice flour, green chilli .
- And also add salt, red chilli powder, besan (gram flour), garam masala powder. Mix everything well to form a dough.
- Take a lemon sized sweet potato dough.
- Make a smooth ball cutlet of medium thickness.
- Make sure that there are no cracks
- Repeat the same process for the rest of the dough.
- Heat oil in a shallow pan, Add 2 spoons of oil for each cutlet.
- Always fry the cutlets in low to medium heat. Fry on both sides until golden brown .
- Sweet potato cutlet is ready to serve.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup or green chutney and a cup of hot tea.