Urad dal laddu is the most famous and traditional South Indian sweet. Urad dal is used as a major ingredient in Indian cuisine for preparing a healthy diet. Urad dal is also known as black gram in English, minappappu in Telugu and urad dhuli in Hindi.
Urad dal is an important ingredient in tempering for most south Indian dishes. The time required to prepare urad dal laddu is 35 minutes.
To prepare this healthy laddu dry roast urad dal, blend urad dal and sugar, mix ghee, top with fried cashew nuts and shape laddu.
Urad dal is one of the richest sources of proteins and Vitamin B. It is good for women as it has iron, folic acid, calcium, magnesium, potassium which makes it a healthy pulse. This helps boost the energy levels in the body and keeps you active.
A video for urad dal laddu:
Urad dal laddu also has various beauty benefits. The best benefit of ingesting urad dal is that it enhances digestion because of its rich fibre content.
Ingredients for urad dal laddu:
Urad dal – 1 cup
Sugar – 1 cup
Cashew nuts – 1/4 cup
Ghee – 1/2 cup
Procedure for urad dal laddu:
- Heat a pan add urad dal and mix continuously.
- Dry roast urad dal in a low flame, until you get a nice flavour.
- After 10 minutes, it turns into golden brown and become aromatic.
- Roasting urad dal well is very important for this recipe.
- Remove from flame, let it cool down.
- Take a blender jar to add urad dal and blend them into a fine powder.
- Add urad dal powder into a bowl.
- In the same blender jar add sugar and blend them into the fine powder.
- Add sugar powder into the same urad dal powder bowl.
- Heat a pan add ghee and add cashew nuts fry until it turns into golden brown.
- Place the cashew nuts into the same bowl and mix well.
- Adjust the melted ghee to the mixture and mix well.
- Take equal portions of the mixture and make small or medium-sized urad dal laddu.
- Place the cashew nut on top and make them into laddu.
- The traditional urad dal laddu is ready to serve.
- Store urad dal laddu in air container jar for at least 20 days or a month.
- For more interesting recipes. Subscribe to my official YouTube Channel.