Wheat flour namkeen snacks are very simple and taste very crispy, salty flour many people like. Here in this recipe, two shapes are available that is bitter guard shape and diamond shape. Bitter guard shape is some different and diamond shape is common.
The time required for Wheat Flour Namkeen Snack is 30 minutes.You can store them in airtight container or jar for few days.
INGREDIENTS FOR WHEAT FLOUR NAMKIN SNACKS:
Wheat flour – 1 cup
Oil – 1 cup
Red chilli powder – 1 spoon
Cumin seeds – 1 spoon
Salt – 1 spoon
Water – 1/2 glass
Try other recipes Ragi Dates Laddu
PROCEDURE TO PREPARE WHEAT FLOUR NAMKIN SNACKS:
- Take a bowl add wheat flour, cumin seeds, red chilli powder, salt mix well.
- Add sufficient water and make the dough.
- Add a spoon oil and press the dough, do not make the dough soft since it will result in the namkeens to turn soft and not crispy.
- Take medium sized balls from the dough and roll them on dusted flour roll into disc neither thin nor too thick.
WHEAT FLOUR NAMKIN SNACKS IN BITTER GUARD AND DIAMOND SHAPE :
- Take a knife cut into seven straight lines with a little space, the central line should be long compared to rest of lines and fold it by pressing edges that is bitter guard shape
- with the help of knife make criss-cross patterns on rolled dough that is diamond shaped.
DEEP FRYING THE REQUIRED SHAPES:
- Take a pan heat oil over medium flame. When it gets heated.
- Add bitter guard and diamond-shaped patterns to oil.
- Deep fry till it gets crisp and golden brown.
- In the same way, fry all of them.
- Our crispy namkeen snacks ready.
- serve as snacks or with tea.
- Once cooled down completely, serve them or store it in airtight containers will remain afresh for few days.