Veg cutlet is a healthy snack. If you are a big fan of vegetable cutlets and prefer homemade kebabs or cutlets, this recipe is for you. The time taken for vegetable kebabs is around 25 minutes.
To prepare veg cutlet dip the spinach in hot water, fry all the vegetables, grind it once, add gram flour and rice flour make dough, shape cutlets and fry the cutlets.
A video for veg cutlet:
You may also like:
Ingredients for veg cutlet:
Spinach – 1 bunch
Grated carrots – 1 cup
Boiled and mashed potato – 3
Chopped onions – 1
Chopped coriander leaves – 1 cup
Rice flour – 1/4 cup
Gram flour (besan) – 1 cup
chopped green chilli – 1
Ginger and garlic paste – 1 spoon
Oil – 1/4 cup
Salt – 1 spoon
Red chilli powder – 1 spoon
Turmeric powder – 1/2 spoon
Garam masala powder – 1 spoon
Cumin powder – 1/2 spoon
Pepper powder – 1/4 spoon
Coriander powder – 1/4 spoon
Procedure for veg cutlet:
Spinach in hot water and fry all the vegetables:
- Boil water and dip spinach for 2 minutes and remove from water.
- Let it cool chop the spinach and set aside.
- Add 7 spoons of desired oil to a pan and add chopped onions, let them fry for 2 min.
- Add chopped green chillis, ginger and garlic paste, grated carrot mix well.
- Add spinach, coriander leaves, mashed potato and mix well.
- Add salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, cumin powder, pepper powder and coriander powder to the mixture and mix well.
- Fry the mixture and take into a bowl.
Roast gram flour and make dough:
- Heat a pan and roast besan or gram flour for 5 minutes over a low flame until it turns golden brown colour. Once turned to light brown, take them to a bowl.
- Grind the fried mixture once and take the mixture in the bowl of besan.
- Add rice flour and mix well make dough.
- Apply oil on both the hands take a small lemon sized dough and shape as cutlet.
- Heat a pan over a medium flame add 4-5 spoons of oil.
- Fry the cutlets in a pan till they turn brown.
- Make sure you do not fry them on high flame as it spoils the base of Kebab and will not cook.